Technical Sales Engineer (West Coast) at Moor Instruments Inc
Moor Instruments is a leading developer, manufacturer and provider of blood flow and tissue oxygenation measurement systems based in the UK. An opportunity is available for a home-office based Technical Sales Engineer covering the West Coast region working for subsidiary company, Moor Inc. which is based in Wilmington, Delaware and distributes and supports Moor Instruments products in the US.
The Technical Sales Engineer (West Coast) is responsible for managing the performance of his/her individual territory. This individual develops and executes sales plans and meets with customers on a regular basis. This is a field based position with a focus on academic, government and industrial life science organizations. Territory: California as primary focus, plus other Western states. Reports directly to the President of Moor Inc, who is based in Wilmington Delaware.
- Develops business within assigned territory. S/He achieves and/or exceeds territory sales goals to support company objectives, strategies and revenue goals.
- Acquires new customers and builds the customer base. Qualifies existing opportunities and generates leads. Contacts academic, government, and life science organizations that require our products.
- Identifies and profiles key accounts while demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Negotiates pricing and prepares customer quotes.
- Works with customers to provide research solutions, typically collaborates with research laboratories/organization to solve problems using our products.
- Conducts “white coat sales” providing front line technical support and delivers technical presentations and demonstrations of our products and their applications. Effectively communicates customer issues or potential problems to appropriate colleagues.
- Maintains accurate sales reports, records, and files necessary for effective management of his/her territory. Reports to management on a weekly basis.
- Identifies business opportunities in new markets and/or identifies new products to expand product portfolio consistent with our product lines and or services.
- Monitors competitor activities and trends within territory and industry, sharing information with sales and marketing counterparts in the UK.
- Develops and maintains all account information and contact details on the company CRM database for the assigned sales territory.
- Represents the company at trade shows and conferences.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- BS, MS, or PhD in a scientific area and with at least two years of relevant sales experience using a consultative sales style; or equivalent. Proven track record developing and growing accounts.
- Driven and energetic individual with strong desire to excel.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication; ability to deliver technical presentations.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and customer focused with an ability to resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possesses strong negotiating skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, CRM and the internet.
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations within the territory; travel is approximately 50% of time.
- Ideally resident in California and willing to travel to Moor Inc for initial training and at least twice yearly thereafter for sales meetings.
This is a great opportunity to develop and build a new territory! If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to Timothy Brown, President, Moor Instruments Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a friendly, supportive team, a highly competitive salary with generous bonus scheme rewarding sales, plus a European style benefits package.
Moor Instruments is always interested to hear from talented individuals keen to join our expanding team. As specific opportunities arise, they will be advertised on this page. If you would like to submit a CV for consideration (regardless of vacancy status), please forward to email@example.com.
About Wilmington: being located in the heart of the Eastern Seaboard of the United States allows Wilmington to be close to all points of interest in the Northeast. We are midway between Washington, D.C. and New York City, and just a twenty minute drive to Center City Philadelphia. There are numerous beaches, rolling farmland, and breathtaking mountains all within a short drive of the city. Being one of the oldest cities in the US and located in the first state, we are also immersed in historical treasures. Five major international airports are nearby, which allows us to be an easy trip to anywhere in North America.